May 24, 2010

Grace's Thoughts on Lost

Almost everybody I know is a loyal viewer of Lost, Grace included.  Since it's the topic of the day, she wanted to throw her two cents in.  I'll transcribe, as her typing skills are still a bit rudimentary.
"What in the hell was that?  I dedicated 10 weeks of my life to this show - which is all of the weeks of my life by the way - and you give me an ending that I have to interpret?  How about after 120 hours of mystery you give us 1 hour of unambiguous, concrete answers.  To get closure, I shouldn't have to work my way through obscure references and subtext.  I don't even know what subtext is, I'm a friggin' baby! 
I appreciated the ride, the depth of the characters and the beauty of the story, ending included, but please just come out and tell me exactly what the smoke monster was. Tell me for sure whether or not everything that happened on the island was really real life or purgatory (which I predicted five years ago back when I was just an egg), and please tell me that the whole entire thing wasn't just Jack's St. Elsewhere style dying daydream.
That said, it was still way better than the ending to The Sopranos, whatever that was."

No comments:

Post a Comment